Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Typography fun

What I miss most about school is just doing designs for me, especially typography projects. For a long time I have wanted to convert little sayings or even nursery rhymes into little typographic treatment. Just something fun to do and explore. 


I started with 'A watched pot never boils'. Above are a couple different quick sketches. I like the ones that have 'A watched pot' lots of time, implying that there are many eyes or glances, but I think all in all, I like the simple one with just the focused 'stare'.


Needs to be hammered out a little more. Some fiddling will be done until I get it to look how I want. Not sure if I like the 'boils' so obviously spelled out. Maybe some more letters in there would give the design more texture and layers. Who knows, I'll keep trying until I figure it out.



1 comment:

Ryder said...

Melina,
I think the "watched pot" would make great tea towels!

Years back, I ran away to Paris and cooking school, had my own Catering Co.here in DC.
But alas, I am artistic, love design and working with my hands (and heart), but haven't yet found what i want to make as a living. I would love to intern (for free) or just be an extra set of hands. i have time and money. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks. Cynthia
cbkeil4@gmail.com