What good words to live by.
I can't help but think back to a couple weeks when Westley, Hannah and I were driving back to D.C. after the holidays. For some reason Hannie and I began to break out into song and I believe sang nearly every Broadway song we have ever heard. Even Hannie was incredibly impressed by my knowledge of the Oklahoma score. What a delight it was to belt out a few duets with my sister. That's what sisters are for -- singing so out of tune, that together it almost sounds like harmony.
Westley, like a good chauffeur, sat facing forward, doing his best to ignore us. I promised him one day I would learn to drive on the highway and he could sit in the passenger seat and sing to his heart's content. I know he doesn't believe I'll ever drive, but 2013 is a new year and maybe this will be the year. Until then, it's my job to keep him entertained on road trips -- and as always, I am more than happy to take requests.
No comments:
Post a Comment