Westley landed in Italy early this morning. He gets to pick out the marble for his most recent project. He literally gets to select the exact giant block of marble that will be sliced into pieces for the floor of the lobby. It's nuts, apparently he is very important.
It's the longest time I'll be in the apartment by myself since we moved in together. Parts of having all the alone time are quite nice. Other times (well most of the time), I kind of miss having him around. I miss him especially towards the end of the evening. Our biggest squabbles come from which side of the bed we want to sleep on and our constant accusations of the other stealing the sheets. So to have him out of town, means a huge bed, all to myself.
It's an awful thing though. And I am so embarrassed, but I can't sleep in the lovely huge bed if there is no one else there. It goes against everything I love. Before Westley I would lounge in that bed until my heart's content. Limbs everything, not a square inch to spare. And then he comes along, with his extra long legs and crazy pillow demands and made me share. And I so disliked the space he took up, I even made a rule that even though we were different sizes, we both got equal portions of the bed.
But I guess at some point it got to be nice to have someone there. Especially someone who can wrap me all up and keep me warm on these cold winter nights. When I went to go to bed last night, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. So I took the quilt and my favorite pillow and made a little cave on the couch. Maybe tonight I'll give it another try, but I think I'll just wait until Westley's return. We'll fight for space, but really we secretly love our best bed buddy.
It is ridiculous though. This guy somehow always manages to pull our perfectly tucked in sheet right out. This night he even managed to use it as a scarf. He's crazy. I miss him.
It's the longest time I'll be in the apartment by myself since we moved in together. Parts of having all the alone time are quite nice. Other times (well most of the time), I kind of miss having him around. I miss him especially towards the end of the evening. Our biggest squabbles come from which side of the bed we want to sleep on and our constant accusations of the other stealing the sheets. So to have him out of town, means a huge bed, all to myself.
It's an awful thing though. And I am so embarrassed, but I can't sleep in the lovely huge bed if there is no one else there. It goes against everything I love. Before Westley I would lounge in that bed until my heart's content. Limbs everything, not a square inch to spare. And then he comes along, with his extra long legs and crazy pillow demands and made me share. And I so disliked the space he took up, I even made a rule that even though we were different sizes, we both got equal portions of the bed.
But I guess at some point it got to be nice to have someone there. Especially someone who can wrap me all up and keep me warm on these cold winter nights. When I went to go to bed last night, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. So I took the quilt and my favorite pillow and made a little cave on the couch. Maybe tonight I'll give it another try, but I think I'll just wait until Westley's return. We'll fight for space, but really we secretly love our best bed buddy.
It is ridiculous though. This guy somehow always manages to pull our perfectly tucked in sheet right out. This night he even managed to use it as a scarf. He's crazy. I miss him.

No comments:
Post a Comment